Web Site Info & How to Find Me . . .
Insider Info . . .
This Web Site address is: www.RMRondyNews.com This Web Site caters to Historical Re-Enactors & Enthusiists (sp?) of most American Historical Eras -- mostly late 1700's through 1890's Western Gunfighter. Other Eras such as Highlander, Gunfighters & ancient Roman Soldiers are most welcome to share their insights & enthusiasm as well. If you have questions, comments to improve this Site or to include a special Historical Era, please contact me via E-Mail: email@example.com I'll be more than happy to reply. I'll also post News Items if pertinent to the Re-Enactor community. Keep in mind also that as Web Master, I do have a Duty maintain a high quality level & proper decorum & I will have the "final word."
Listing Events . . .
The main feature of this Web Site is the Event Listings. I usually list Events from at least 15 & sometimes up to 30 states or even more. Listing Events here is FREE SERVICE!!! This is my way of giving people & their respective Groups a "hand-up" in getting the word out about their Event(s). Make certain that you "tell all, sell all" about your Event. At the least, your Listing should contain the following:
1) Date, Place <location, location, location> & time(s).
2) Contact info. Who, Phone number, E-Mail & (if available) E-Mail & Web Site addresses. <I'll post valid links to Event Web Sites & also link Event Flyers here as well.>
3) Kind of Event. Rendezvous, Demonstartion, Gunfight, Time-Line (multi historical Eras), Re-Enactor Party . . . you get the idea.
4) Event Doin's. Hawk & Knife throw, Primitive Archery, Kid's Games, Pitch-In Dinner, Adult Games, Council Fire, various competitions.
5) Map & directions to your Event. EXACT LOCATIONS written down. Some examples: 2345 North 40th street, U.S. Highway 85 & County Road 14-1/2, near Anytown, Florida. GPS <not everybody has one> co-ordinates by themselves should NOT be used as a primary reference but are OK if in-addition-to regular information.
6) Any other special information for either Camp/Event participants (dog-leash rules, shovel & bucket by open fire, admission/camp fees, State DNR info, etc.) or General Public info (Admission fees, Food vendors on-site & the like).
Before posting an Event, don't be surprised if I call you about your Event. Part of what makes your Event successful is ACCURATE INFORMATION. If I have questions or need to clarify an item you have submitted for Listing, I'll call at least one time to obtain the needed info. I may call more than once if the need arises.
ADVANCED NOTICE!!!!! In most cases, I can post Events on somewhat short notice. But Events Listings are usually more effective if I can post them at least -3- weeks or more in advance. If you wish, I'm able to post Events up to -14- months ahead of when your Event will take place. "Long" Listings (7+ months or more) should be updated often whenever possible with current info.
Posting Pictures . . .
Please see the "Pictures Please!" Page for more info.